Monday, December 7, 2009

Morning Birds

Birdie

Lady bird lady bird
Shall you fly with me?
Across mountains and valleys
Gliding over seas.

How do you dance with the wind?
Do you fly as you please?
Over blue skies and clouds
You seem to flow with ease.

Across trenches and valleys
Waterfalls ,gorges and trees
Shrilling screeching with ecstasy
Over wings that let you free.

Do storms hinder your path?
Does hail disturb your peace
Or do you simply roar above
Till heaven is at your feet.

Do friends bump into your way
Do you meet new species?
Skies over unknown lands
That only you can oversee.

So do you chirp to your self?
All the hidden mysteries
Or do you pick solitary songs
Across cities and monastries.

Do you shed silent tears
Over hot deserts and deep seas.
Does the icy solitude stir
Courage to find your own peace.

Lady bird lady bird
Your poise leaves a trail for me
If only I had wings to follow
Which take me wherever I please.

1 comment:

  1. That was so well written Vish...The last two lines ran over me like a blow. Too good.

    ReplyDelete